The Peoria County Sheriff’s Office offers multiple ways for citizens to visit and correspond with jail detainees. Visiting can be done via video at the Peoria County Jail or through paid services remotely.
A detainee must be in custody for 7 days before they are eligible for their first on site video visit. Any visits created prior to the 7th day will be canceled by staff.
Each detainee will receive one 20-minute visit per week. Up to 3 individuals can visit the detainee during this time. The week restarts on Monday.
On site visits are held Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 11:00am and 12:30pm- 3:30pm. These days and times are subject to change due to Holidays, inclement weather, and department needs.
All visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and are granted on a first come, first served basis.
Scheduling On Site Visits
Scheduling can be done in person, with a valid ID, or online at . To schedule visits online you will need to create an account.
- If you have never visited at this facility, you can do this by visiting the visitation website and following the prompts.
- If you have visited previously and would like the ability to schedule online, you must provide a valid email address to staff. Once received you will be provided with a temporary password via email.
Account password can be reset by staff upon request.
Paid Remote Visit and Messaging
The Peoria County Sheriff’s Office now offers remote video visiting and messaging services for jail detainees and their families. This is a paid service and is available online at gettingout.com. For more information about these services, including rates, please visit their website or download the gettingout mobile app.
- All visitors aged 16 and older must provide a valid photo ID. (Ex: State ID, Driver’s License, FOID Card, Passport)
- All visits must be scheduled in person or online. Visits will not be scheduled, modified or canceled via phone. If scheduling in person, all visitors aged 16 and older must be present when the visit is being made. Once scheduled, our office may not accommodate modifications.
- All people (including children) must be registered and on the schedule to be allowed to visit.
- All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to visit a detainee.
- Children must be supervised at all times and are not allowed to be left unattended in the lobby during your visit. If an adult, not visiting, cannot sit with the children you will be asked to reschedule your visit.
- Please arrive prior to the visit to allow adequate time for check-in procedures. Additional time will not be added if you are tardy.
- Persons not on the visiting schedule and persons not checked in, with reception, are not allowed in the visiting area.
- Visitors may only communicate with the inmate they are scheduled to see. If a visitor or detainee “switch” during the visit it will be stopped immediately.
- Visitors must be dressed in appropriate attire prior to entering the visiting area. Inappropriate clothing that is transparent, excessively tight/ revealing, gang related or displaying inappropriate text will not be permitted. You may be asked to change or reschedule your visit. **
- Visitors must remain seated, correctly, for the duration of the visit. Feet are not permitted on the wall or visiting station.
- Visitors must refrain from using profane language and having sexually explicit conversations as this is a public facility and children are often present.
- No food or drinks are allowed during visits.
- All visits are subject to monitoring and recording. **
Visits will be terminated immediately if any of the above rules are not followed. Disciplinary action for the detainee and the revocation of visiting privileges, for the visitor, may be temporarily/permanently suspended. **
To address operational needs, there may be circumstances that exist that will require management not to follow the listed guidelines. These will be assessed, by management, on a case-by-case basis and changes may be made accordingly. **
** Rule also applies to remote visiting.