Committee Overview & Responsibilities
The MetroPeoria Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- Create short-term and long-term solutions to achieve the mission, vision, and goals of the Committee.
- Promote intergovernmental cooperation and coordination throughout the region and beyond the County of Peoria and City of Peoria governments.
- Serve as a forum for developing recommendations for resolving intergovernmental disputes between the two governments.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for cooperation using the Consolidation Continuum.
- Propose implementable solutions based on the evaluations conducted.
- Breakdown and overcome natural barriers to cooperation.
Reports to: Executive Committee