The Finance Department falls under the direction of the County's Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is composed of the following divisions: Accounting & Budgeting and Purchasing. The CFO is responsible for the administration of the department, supervises and coordinates the preparation of the annual operating budget, provides debt administration, and provides financial and resource utilization information to the County Administrator and the County Board.
Accounting & Budgeting
The Accounting & Budgeting Division is responsible for the preparation of the County's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), monthly accounting reporting and reconciliations, payroll activity and related tax reporting, financial monitoring, and reporting required by various grant and government programs. This division also processes and documents all accounts payable and bookkeeping functions for the County.
The Purchasing Division is the central purchasing office for the approval and issuance of County purchase orders and is responsible for competitively purchasing goods and services required by County departments for their operations.
Employees & Budget
- 2021 Budgeted Employees: 5.2
- 2021 Operating Budget: $431,720
324 Main Street
Peoria, IL 61602
- Black and white copies: 8.5 by 11 inches and 8.5 by 14 inches: First 50 pages: free; $0.15 per page thereafter
- Copies maintained in electronic format and emailed or sent on CD: free
- Copies larger than 8.5 by 14 inches: Actual cost of reproduction