- Administrative Services
The County Administrator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of Peoria County government, an organization that encompasses 26 departments - including nine elected offices - and approximately 650 employees. The County’s annual budget is $118 million.
The Peoria County Administrator also advises the County Board on matters of policy and implements the directives of the County Board. Responsibilities of the office include:
- Development of the annual budget
- Provision of administrative services to the County Board
- Administration of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policies and programs
- Human Resource Management and Payroll
- Risk Management
- Facilities Management
- Communications and PR Management
- A number of delegated programs
The County Administrator reports to the County Board and has supervisory authority over the following departments:
- Animal Protection Services
- County Administration
- Economic Development
- Facility and Grounds Operations
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Information Technology Services
- Planning and Zoning Department
- Supervisor of Assessment’s Office
- Sustainability and Resource Conservation
The County Administrator works closely with county-wide elected officials but does not have supervisory authority over them.
Obtaining Information and FOIA
For general inquiries, please email administration or use our Contact Us Form. For formal Freedom of Information Act requests, please visit our FOIA page.
Peoria County is preparing to temporarily reduce the size of its government due to the evolving Covid-19 situation. As a result, we are requesting an extension of 30 days for all FOIA requests during this time.
Employee Compensation Report
In compliance with 5 ILCS 120/7.3(b), Peoria County government has compiled a list of employees who have a total compensation package of $75,000 or more approved as part of the annual budget. "Total compensation package" means payment by the employer to the employee for salary plus benefits that may include health insurance, a housing allowance, a vehicle allowance, a clothing allowance, bonuses, loans, vacation days granted, and sick days granted.
- 2019 Compensation List (PDF)
- 2020 Compensation List (PDF)
- 2021 Compensation List (PDF)
- 2022 Compensation List (PDF)
This list is also available at the Peoria County Administration Office.