Special Care Unit
Special Care Unit at Heddington Oaks
Heddington Oaks provides special care to those with varying degrees of dementia or Alzheimer’s. It involves creating a structured environment that has set schedules and routines in place to create a stress-free lifestyle, safety features to ensure the health of a senior, and programs designed to cultivate cognitive skills.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Heddington Oaks offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Alzheimer’s patients require special services and dietary needs, which is why our staff is trained in caring for Alzheimer’s patients and those with other forms of dementia. Our services include:
- Dietary: Our full-time Registered Dietitian ensures residents have a healthy standard menu, customized menu and daily featured entrées to choose from each day.
- Therapy: Licensed professional therapists give comprehensive in-patient physical therapy, occupational therapy, in addition to speech therapy, stroke therapy and joint replacement rehabilitation services.
- Social services: Seven days a week, residents and their families have access to social services professionals who can help them in adjusting to major life changes or issues in their lives.
- Activities: From crafts to bingo, our residents are given many opportunities to socialize. We also take them on regular outings, such as to restaurants, sports events and shopping. We show them movies, too!
- Medical services: Residents get access to 24-hour skilled nursing care, with nursing personnel receiving bi-weekly training and each specialty unit (including the Alzheimer’s unit) receiving customized training. A nurse practitioner is on-site five days a week and a medical director visits twice a week. An ophthalmologist and podiatrist also visit regularly.
Contact us for Memory Care
Schedule your tour to see our facilities and ask questions when you call 309-636-3600.